We believe that safety and enjoyment are equally important when studying abroad. That is why we have decided to partner with Endsleigh, the #1 student insurer in the UK, who has created a bespoke student travel insurance which we are including as a part of the package for all individual students attending our summer school.
This international student travel insurance policy is designed to cater for the insurance needs of persons studying in the UK on a trip arranged by Experio Summer Ltd. The product provides cover including emergency medical assistance and medical costs, protection in the event of cancellation or curtailment, cover for loss, theft of or damage to baggage and personal money.
New Covid-19 Cover for international students
Student health and wellbeing is our No.1 priority and so we have enhanced our travel insurance policy for international students to include certain risks in relation to Covid-19.
Included as a part of the standard policy
If a student contracts Covid-19 during their time studying in the UK, the insurance cover will remain in place for emergency medical, surgical, hospital, ambulance and nursing fees and charges (including repatriation) for the duration of their stay.
Financial protection whilst in the UK
If a student is diagnosed with Covid-19, the policy will cover all additional expenses related to transport and/or accommodation if it is considered medically necessary that they stay in the UK beyond their scheduled return date. In addition, the costs for up to two close relatives or friends to either travel to or remain in the UK to be with the student and to escort them home (including qualified attendants if necessary) will be covered.
Cover for delays in returning home
If a student’s return home has been delayed in relation to the pandemic, the policy will be automatically extended without any charge for the period of the delay up to a maximum of 60 days (or until the student is able to return home, whichever is the earlier). This will provide the student with extended protection under all sections of the insurance policy (i.e. medical cover, personal accident, baggage, personal liability, missed departure).
Key features and benefits:
- A 24-hour helpline for medical emergencies
- Emergency medical expenses in the event of illness or injury
- Protection against cancellation or curtailment charges
- Cover for loss or damage to baggage and personal money
- A wide range of sports and activities covered
- Cover for irrecoverable pre-paid college, university or language school fees
- Leisure trips within Europe and any trip outside the UK if part of your course
Key eligibility criteria and exclusions:
- Not available to anyone aged 66 or over
- No cover under cancellation or curtailment charges, emergency medical expenses or personal accident relating to any reason set out under ‘Important conditions relating to health’ – see group policy wording
- No cover where the FCO or World Health Organisation has advised against travel
- No cover where travel is not departing from and returning to your home country
- Each claim will be subject to a £50 excess wherever an excess applies
The table below displays a summary of the maximum amounts which are payable under each section. Please note the group policy is subject to terms, conditions, limits and exclusions – please refer to the group policy wording and the statement of insurance for full details of the cover available.
|Cancellation or curtailment charges||£3,000||£50|
|Emergency medical & other expenses||£2,000,000||£50|
|Emergency dental treatment||£500|
|Personal accident (subject to age)||£30,000||£0|
|Single article, pair or set limit||£200|
|Valuables limit in total||£300|
|Personal money, passport & documents||£50|
|Currency, notes and coins||£100|
|Other personal money and documents||£100|
|Passport or visa||£500|
|Overseas legal expenses & assistance||£10,000||£0|
Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register by visiting its website at https://register.fca.org.uk/.Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited. Company No. 856706 registered in England at Shurdington Road, Cheltenham Spa, Gloucestershire GL51 4UE.