Job Title Student Experience Manager
Responsible to Centre Manager
Purpose of job and primary objectives
To prepare and oversee the efficient and effective operation of the summer activity and excursion programme, being the main point of contact for Group Leaders and Student Experience Leaders.
• Oversee the organisation and execution of the activities and excursions, ensuring the programme is inclusive, safe, and suitable for all students.
• Support and Manage Student Experience leaders as required, ensuring delegation of tasks appropriate to activity and that students are supervised at all times.
• Plan and oversee both on and off-site activities.
• Carrying out and/or consulting risk assessments whenever required.
• Promote the Activity Programme effectively to the student body, maintaining high levels of participation.
• Effectively monitor all outgoing expenditure, in line with approved budgets.
• Liaise with host centre staff to ensure activity facilities are booked and ready for use.
• Ensure all bookings and briefings are organised for staff to deliver the excursions and activities.
• Undertake all coach booking for excursion destinations.
• Maintain a high quality of on-site activities and that equipment is effectively maintained and re-stocked as required.
• Regularly meet, one-on-one or as a group, with Group Leaders to discuss the upcoming activities and excursions.
• Ensure that requests from Group Leaders and host centre staff are met promptly.
• Meeting with host centre staff to address matters relating to facilities and general running of the activity programme.
• Implement client feedback as effectively and efficiently as possible.
• Represent the company in a reputable and professional manner at all times.
• Respond to emergencies whenever necessary.
• To be on call overnight in case of an emergency, on a rota basis.
• Ensure any incidents are appropriately recorded and promptly reported if required.
• Maintain suitable levels of student discipline, safety, and welfare.
• Always encourage students to use English.
• Attend all staff briefings.
• Conduct staff reviews and provide feedback where required.
• Commit to be being a positive role model through your employment.
• Ensure that all staff keep the premises and company equipment clean, safe, and in good order.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Staff will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in the job description.
▪ An understanding of what makes a successful activity/excursion programme.
▪ Previous management experience in leading a team is desirable.
▪ Organised and able to prioritise tasks to meet deadlines.
▪ Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
▪ Excellent spoken and written English language skills.
▪ Ability to work as part of a team and to use own initiative. ▪ Strong communication and leadership skills.
▪ A flexible, cooperative, and responsible attitude.
▪ Experience in planning and programming activities.
▪ Previous experience of working with young people at a summer school/residential school programme is desirable.
▪ Local knowledge of Oxford and other cities, such as London and Cambridge, is desirable.
▪ Demonstrate respect for equal opportunities and respect for race and diversity.
▪ Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
Special working conditions
▪ Full board and accommodation will be provided.
▪ One full day off each week, though will be required to be contactable (on call) in case emergencies.
▪ All staff will be subject to safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Experio Summer Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all successful applicants will: be asked to explain any work and/or educational history gaps; undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure or overseas equivalent; provide details of 2 referees that can objectively comment on your suitability to work with children; show evidence of entitlement to work in the UK.
Our Mission Statement
As a summer school organiser, we are committed to providing the highest standards of tuition, coaching, supervision, support and welfare to all our students, group leaders and staff. Our purpose is to create opportunities for young people from all over the world to learn new things, to have new experiences and to make new friends and everlasting memories.
The rate of pay for a Student Experience Manager is, £560 per week (plus accrued holiday pay). You are required to work such hours as are reasonably required to carry out your role. You are entitled to one day off per week. You may be required to work in excess of 48 hours per week and therefore be required to opt-out of the 48 hour Working Time Regulations.
Please get in contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the online application form below.
Register your interest
Experio Summer Mission Statement:
As a summer school organiser, we are committed to providing the highest standards of tuition, coaching, supervision, support, and welfare to all our students, group leaders, and staff. Our purpose is to create opportunities for young people from all over the world to learn new things, to have new experiences and to make friends and everlasting memories.