Job Title Individuals Manager
Responsible to Centre Manager
Purpose of job and primary objectives
To be responsible for the welfare and wellbeing of a group of Individual residential students as part of our residential course and ensure that each student has a safe, enjoyable and beneficial experience.
• Manage a team of staff to ensure a safe environment for the students.
• Prepare rotas for the staff in order to maintain correct supervision ratios at all times.
• Ensure policy and procedures are adhered to at all times by staff and students.
• Prepare house plans and room allocations as required.
• To be the main point of contact for communication with parents as required, and relevant information is made available in a timely manner.
• Make appropriate plans for arrivals and departures of students.
• Ensure all dietary requirements are communicated to relevant departments as required.
• Be responsible for the collection of medicines and completing relevant medical forms on arrival.
• Be responsible for the distribution of medicines to students as required.
• Liaise with the Centre Manager daily to provide and receive any relevant information for the successful running of the centre.
• Report all house repairs to relevant departments as required.
• Oversee allocated daily house duties, including wake-up calls, escorting students around the school, supervising students in the residence and ‘lights-out’.
• Supervise students in the evenings and at mealtimes.
• Ensure all students are properly supervised at all times.
• Be on call overnight if students have any problems or need attention (rota basis).
• Be ready to assist at any time with an emergency, or where a student is ill or injured.
• Ensure any incidents are appropriately recorded and promptly reported if required.
• Monitor student inductions to ensure they receive a full and thorough induction at the beginning of their stay.
• Engage with the students in a friendly and professional manner.
• Help to plan, deliver, and supervise engaging, communicative, fun, and appropriate activities for groups of international students, both on and off-site.
• Communicate regularly and effectively with fellow staff and the Senior Management Team.
• Conduct staff reviews and provide feedback where required.
• Supervise full day, off-site excursions.
• Actively promote student welfare and safety at all times
• Complete any necessary paperwork required by the role, such as registers and activity plans.
• Ensure that all staff keep the premises and company equipment clean, safe, and in good order.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Staff will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the Centre Manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in the job description.
▪ Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
▪ Approachable and empathetic to students’ needs.
▪ Flexible approach to your work.
▪ Ability to work under pressure and be flexible.
▪ Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills, allowing you to adapt to changing situations.
▪ Must have a strong understanding of safeguarding requirements.
▪ Excellent spoken English language skills.
▪ Ability to work as part of a team, and to use own initiative.
▪ Strong communication skills.
▪ Have a cooperative and responsible attitude.
▪ Experience in a similar setting and working with children is essential.
▪ Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
▪ Ability to demonstrate respect for equal opportunities and respect for race and diversity.
Special working conditions
▪ Full board and accommodation will be provided.
▪ One full day off each week, though will be required to be contactable (on call) in case of emergencies.
▪ All staff will be subject to safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Experio Summer Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all successful applicants will: be asked to explain any work and/or educational history gaps; undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure or overseas equivalent; provide details of 2 referees that can objectively comment on your suitability to work with children; show evidence of entitlement to work in the UK.
Our Mission Statement
As a summer school organiser, we are committed to providing the highest standards of tuition, coaching, supervision, support and welfare to all our students, group leaders and staff. Our purpose is to create opportunities for young people from all over the world to learn new things, to have new experiences and to make new friends and everlasting memories.
The rate of pay for a individuals Manager is, £560 per week (plus accrued holiday pay). You are required to work such hours as are reasonably required to carry out your role. You are entitled to one day off per week. You may be required to work in excess of 48 hours per week and therefore be required to opt-out of the 48 hour Working Time Regulations.
Please get in contact by emailing email@example.com or fill in the online application form below.
Register your interest
Experio Summer Mission Statement:
As a summer school organiser, we are committed to providing the highest standards of tuition, coaching, supervision, support, and welfare to all our students, group leaders, and staff. Our purpose is to create opportunities for young people from all over the world to learn new things, to have new experiences and to make friends and everlasting memories.