Job Title Centre Manager
Responsible to Operations Director
Purpose of job and primary objectives
The Centre Manager is responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the centre. The Centre Manager is responsible for ensuring effective management and having overall oversight for the delivery of the Summer School Centre programme with the goal of making sure each student has a safe and positive vacation course experience. They are also responsible for being the key point of contact between the school services and Experio Summer during operations.
• Support and manage the Senior Team in their day-to-day roles.
• With support from the management team and Student Experience Leaders, delegate roles and responsibilities to the teams to ensure the successful delivery of the programme.
• Manage, update, and distribute staff rotas to all Centre staff, including the planning and delivery of the overnight on call duty rota and sharing managerial support in out of hours emergencies.
• Prepare house plans and room allocations as required for arrivals.
• Make appropriate plans for arrivals and departures of students.
• Undertake required audits of accommodation as required.
• Report all house repairs to relevant departments as required.
• Address staff performance and ensure each member of the team is fulfilling the responsibilities as defined by their role.
• Conduct staff reviews and provide feedback where required.
• Ensure all staff on site are enforcing and following company policies and procedures and that all staff are representing Experio Summer in a positive and professional manner.
• Effectively monitor all outgoing expenditure, in line with approved budgets.
• Always maintain professional and effective working relationships with BSC staff, working closely with them to ensure effective delivery of contracted services.
• Liaise with BSC departments including Catering, Housekeeping, Estates, IT and Grounds in order to ensure all provisions are covered and they have the required information as needed.
• Ensure all necessary organisational arrangements have been made to allow the successful delivery of the student programme.
• Communicate with and report regularly to the Senior Management Team.
• Monitor student inductions to ensure they receive a full and thorough induction at the beginning of their stay.
• Liaise with student group leaders through regular meetings to ensure their needs are met, and all issues and problems are dealt with promptly and efficiently.
• Ensure students are following school rules and support staff with any behaviour issues that arise, following the Experio Summer behaviour management procedures.
• Ensure accurate records are kept by all staff to account for student and staff whereabouts at all times, and ensure any incidents are appropriately recorded and promptly reported if required.
• Be responsible for and manage necessary paperwork relating to the health and safety arrangements for all staff and students at the school, both on and off site.
• Ensure all students are properly supervised at all times.
• Co-ordinate the response and deal as appropriate with any emergencies that may arise.
• To be on call overnight in case of an emergency, on a rota basis.
• Take responsibility to ensure the safeguarding of all students and fully understand and follow the school’s and Experio Summer’s safeguarding policy and procedures.
• Take responsibility for implementing Experio Summer’s policies and procedures, and represent the school to the highest standard at all times.
• Ensure that all staff keep the premises and company equipment clean, safe, and in good order.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not have been identified. Staff will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from the Operations Director to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in the job description.
• Excellent spoken and written English language skills, with a high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience of leading and motivating a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Previous experience of working with young people at an EFL summer school, ideally in a management role, is desirable.
• Ability to work under pressure, flexible, with excellent organisational and problem-solving skills allowing you to adapt to changing situations.
• Hard-working with a “can do” attitude.
• Previous experience in a customer focused role would be beneficial.
• Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
• Demonstrate respect for equal opportunities and respect for race and diversity.
Special working conditions
▪ Full board and accommodation will be provided.
• One full day off each week, though will be required to be contactable/on call in case of emergencies.
• All staff will be subject to safeguarding checks including an enhanced DBS disclosure once a position has been offered and accepted.
Experio Summer Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all successful applicants will: be asked to explain any work and/or educational history gaps; undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure or overseas equivalent; provide details of 2 referees that can objectively comment on your suitability to work with children; show evidence of entitlement to work in the UK.
Our Mission Statement
As a summer school organiser, we are committed to providing the highest standards of tuition, coaching, supervision, support, and welfare to all our students, group leaders, and staff. Our purpose is to create opportunities for young people from all over the world to learn new things, to have new experiences and to make new friends and everlasting memories.
The rate of pay for a Centre Manager is, £675 (plus accrued holiday pay). You are required to work such hours as are reasonably required to carry out your role. You are entitled to one day off per week. You may be required to work in excess of 48 hours per week and therefore be required to opt-out of the 48 hour Working Time Regulations.
Please get in contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the online application form below.
Register your interest
Experio Summer Mission Statement:
As a summer school organiser, we are committed to providing the highest standards of tuition, coaching, supervision, support, and welfare to all our students, group leaders, and staff. Our purpose is to create opportunities for young people from all over the world to learn new things, to have new experiences and to make friends and everlasting memories.