Job Title Assistant Manager
Responsible to Centre Manager
Purpose of job and primary objectives
To support the Centre Manager, Student Experience Manager and Individuals Manager in the successful running of the Summer School Centre.
• Assisting the Centre Manager, Student Experience Manager and individuals Manager in the smooth running of all aspects of the centre’s operations.
• Deputising for the management team as and when required, undertaking tasks as directed.
• Supporting daily communication with school departments in order to ensure smooth running of the contracted functions.
• Undertaking required audits of accommodation as required.
• Specifically Support and Manage Student Experience leaders as required, ensuring delegation of tasks appropriate to activity.
• Assisting the Student Experience Manager and the individuals Manager in the organisation and execution of on-site activities, excursions and management of individual students.
• Ensuring the programme is inclusive, safe, and suitable for all students.
• Promoting the activity programme in innovative ways, maintaining high levels of participation by students.
• Assisting the Student Experience Manager with liaising with school staff to ensure facilities are booked and ready for use.
• Offering guidance and support to members of the Student Experience Teams in planning and delivering activities.
• Helping the Student Experience Manager with excursion planning, organising itineraries for groups, and checking all bookings are completed.
• Liaising with Group Leaders to improve and develop the programme and being an active presence in Group Leader meetings.
• Report all house repairs to relevant departments as required. • Always maintaining a regular presence with the students.
• Responding to emergencies whenever necessary.
• To be on call overnight in case of an emergency, on a rota basis.
• Maintaining suitable levels of student discipline, safety, and welfare. •
Always encouraging students to use the English language.
• Carrying out and/or consulting risk assessments whenever required.
• Ensure any incidents are appropriately recorded and promptly reported if required.
• Attending staff and Group leader briefings
• Support and Co-ordinate the response and deal as appropriate with any emergencies that may arise.
• Committing to be being a positive role model throughout your employment.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Staff will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Organised and able to meet deadlines
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
• Excellent spoken English language skills
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Able to lead and direct a team
• Strong communication skills
• A flexible, cooperative, and responsible attitude
• Previous experience of working with young people at a summer school/residential school programme is desirable
• Previous management experience is desirable
• Ability to use own initiative
• Local knowledge of cities, such as London and Cambridge, is desirable
• Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
• Demonstrate respect for equal opportunities and respect for race and diversity
Special working conditions
• Full board and accommodation will be provided • You will be required to work six days each week
• One full day off each week, though will be required to be contactable/on call in case of emergencies.
• All staff will be subject to safeguarding checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure, once a position has been offered and accepted.
Experio Summer Ltd is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all successful applicants will: be asked to explain any work and/or educational history gaps; undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure or overseas equivalent; provide details of 2 referees that can objectively comment on your suitability to work with children; show evidence of entitlement to work in the UK.
Our Mission Statement
As a summer school organiser, we are committed to providing the highest standards of tuition, coaching, supervision, support, and welfare to all our students, group leaders and staff. Our purpose is to create opportunities for young people from all over the world to learn new things, to have new experiences and to make new friends and everlasting memories.
The rate of pay for an Assistant Centre and Student Experience Manager is, £510 per week (plus accrued holiday pay). You are required to work such hours as are reasonably required to carry out your role. You are entitled to one day off per week. You may be required to work in excess of 48 hours per week and therefore be required to opt-out of the 48 hour Working Time Regulations.
Please get in contact by emailing email@example.com or fill in the online application form below.
Register your interest
Experio Summer Mission Statement:
As a summer school organiser, we are committed to providing the highest standards of tuition, coaching, supervision, support, and welfare to all our students, group leaders, and staff. Our purpose is to create opportunities for young people from all over the world to learn new things, to have new experiences and to make friends and everlasting memories.